[REQUEST] Windows Vista Ultimate Extras (2008) - Time Travel

Discuss and request videos on Michael's YouTube channel.
WinElectronic101

[REQUEST] Windows Vista Ultimate Extras (2008) - Time Travel

Post by WinElectronic101 » Thu May 14, 2020 6:09 am

We all know about the Microsoft Plus! Series that has been apart of Windows since Windows 95 and came to it's ultimate demise after Windows XP. However, Windows Vista introduced a new way of getting Plus! based features, but it was exclusive to Windows Vista Ultimate. Appropriately, they were named the Windows Ultimate Extras, which would later be discontinued in Windows 7 entirely, completely ending the traces of any Plus! related feature packs. Since all videos revolving around the Plus! Suite have been made (except XP's SuperPack version which is just Plus XP and Plus DME combined) I would really like to see a video showcasing the Windows Vista Ultimate Extras. These Ultimate Extras can be downloaded through Windows Update. But before running Windows Update on Windows Vista, you need to apply a couple of KB Update patches that will fix Windows Update due to the support that ended on April 11, 2017. I don't remember the update names, but i'm sure you can find a video about how to fix the broken Windows Update on YouTube, which involves manually downloading updates from the official Windows Update website hosted by Microsoft.
ThatOneUser

Re: [REQUEST] Windows Vista Ultimate Extras (2008) - Time Travel

Post by ThatOneUser » Thu May 14, 2020 11:52 pm

Yes, I actually requested this via a comment in a video before, so it'd be interesting
Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish
michael
Site Admin

Re: [REQUEST] Windows Vista Ultimate Extras (2008) - Time Travel

Post by michael » Fri May 15, 2020 1:52 am

Thanks for the suggestion! Yeah there have been a couple of comments about this. I want to take a look at these for sure! Gotta set up a Vista VM first lol
Michael MJD - Site Admin