Is Microsoft Killing The Control Panel?

Discuss operating systems based on Windows NT (including modern versions).
BetaTester954

Is Microsoft Killing The Control Panel?

Post by BetaTester954 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:21 am

I have been observing that the Microsoft is starting to give more control to the PC settings app and removing options from the control panel.
In Windows 10 this has been highly noticed by me

What do you think of this? is the settings app the future and is control panel leaving come the next release of Windows 10?
Cosmo

Re: Is Microsoft Killing The Control Panel?

Post by Cosmo » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:56 pm

I personally think that in the next version of Windows does they'll remove it. And maybe replace the functions only it could do with something new in Windows Settings. To be honest, I think it has something to do with trying to make everything look as simplistic as possible. Though I'm predicting it, I'm not for that change at all. I like the control panel.

Also, they're doing that with literally everything in the next couple of updates. the sound of mixer is going to be replaced by this weird ugly metro UI. It makes it more of a hassle. But I believe that in one of the Windows 10 technical previews that just came out, in one of those builds you can still use the older sound mixer by using the run command.
Longhorn for Life!

Cosmo (CV)
Steve

Re: Is Microsoft Killing The Control Panel?

Post by Steve » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:12 pm

They are, lots of people love the control panel including me , and i personally really dislike Windows 10 let's just say and many people say i just hate change , i have no problem with change , i'm totally fine with the Windows 10 Settings app and i don't think it's a big problem , it's just a change , is it a change in the good way in my personal opinion, only thing i'd like is an all settings view and being able to open multiple instances of Settings like control panel, i use control panel on 8.1 for only stuff that PC Settings can't do