Project: Windows XP-C

Discuss operating systems based on Windows NT (including modern versions).
Cosmo

Project: Windows XP-C

Post by Cosmo » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:00 am

Me and my "team" are working on a Windows XP project called XP-C, or XP-Customized. It'll include features such as WinFS, VLC Media Player, CCleaner, the Windows Sidebar, and more! The OS base we're working with is XP Professional 32-bit, with SP3. We're looking for more people to help us create the best customization-centered Windows ever. Visit our discord - https://discordapp.com/channels/5081043 ... 6927766530

These are images of a pre-milestone 3 build, the latest one as of now is version "0.5.1.19.4.17_(MLS-4).main", here's some pictures of the latest build below. As you can see, a lot of Longhorn and Vista features/visuals have been added.

Setup. Looks identical to the Windows XP Setup with a couple of changes, except halfway during install, you'll get to choose whether or not you want to install things like WinFS, WinRAR, Opera. Has some minor errors, but that's okay, it won't have any impact on the machine.

The classic logon screen is the one enabled by default. Here you can see the version of XP-C you're running.

The watercolor theme makes an appearance. It isn't the main theme. The Control Panel changes with each theme.

If you want the latest build, PM me on discord or on my profile!
Longhorn for Life!

Cosmo (CV)
Steve

Re: Project: Windows XP-C

Post by Steve » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:17 pm

Very nice