Windows 10

Discuss operating systems based on Windows NT (including modern versions).
nknight

Windows 10

Post by nknight » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:06 pm

Talk about Windows 10 here, such as apps for it, insider builds. you name it.
Last edited by nknight on Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nathaniel Knight
TheCanadianToast

Re: Windows 10

Post by TheCanadianToast » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:31 pm

People complain that Windows 10 has high privacy problems with telemetry, which the settings of your choice that you do not want can be turned off.

Windows 10 has no aero features just like what happened in Windows 8/Windows 8.1, instead you get a black taskbar with a white title bar on Windows 10 by default, but the colors on both can be changed if you wish to do so.

Microsoft did the right thing to bring back the Start Menu after the disaster that happened that was the start screen in both Windows 8/Windows 8.1. However if you wish to still use them, the metro apps & the Windows Store still exists... I mean seriously, the start menu was the biggest thing since Windows 95 for Microsoft, and it should stay and remain that way...

Everyone should know by now that Windows 10 obviously now comes bundled with a brand new operating system exclusive web browser named Microsoft Edge, which is the default web browser on Windows 10, but you can obviously change that by doing what everyone does on a fresh install of Windows, open the default web browser and download and install your better/favorite web browser of your choice onto your computer's copy of Windows 10. I am using Mozilla Firefox on Windows 10 as I am typing this post... :lol:
However, if you still wish to use it though, which I doubt anyone uses, Windows 10 still comes bundled with Internet Explorer 11, but it's hidden. You would need to type in, and search for Internet Explorer in your start menu, and there it is... :P

However a change in Windows 10 is that, you have to change the setting of your default web browser manually by searching for "default programs" in the start menu, if your web browser of choice asks if you want to set it as your default web browser, and you choose to do so, the setting window pops up instead and it goes to "default programs", scroll down, and change "web browser" to your choice of web browser, and there you go...
NewYorkEagle

Post by NewYorkEagle » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:55 pm

Windows 10 is really not my favorite operating system made by Microsoft, but it still has the (sort of) classic Start Menu that everyone uses for over 20 years. The only sad difference is that it's not as organized as the ones from 95 to 7, so you can't really search up your files easily. Unless you had File Explorer pinned on your taskbar, it's a pain in the butt searching up stuff that you want in order to do something on your computer.

My Computer Specs:

Model: Acer Veriton X2631
CPU: Intel Core i5 (4440)
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600
RAM: 8 GB DDR3
HDD: 2.6 TB (Partitions total)
Sound: Realtek High Definition Audio
awesomeguy

Post by awesomeguy » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:58 pm

My favorite build of Windows 10 was 9841. It was basically 8.1 with virtual dextops and a better start menu.
nknight

Post by nknight » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:14 pm

awesomeguy wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:58 pm
My favorite build of Windows 10 was 9841. It was basically 8.1 with virtual dextops and a better start menu.
if you want since I haven't seen any windows 10 builds not that much you can post pictures if you want. :D
Nathaniel Knight
awesomeguy

Post by awesomeguy » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:43 pm

nknight wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:14 pm
awesomeguy wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:58 pm
if you want since I haven't seen any windows 10 builds not that much you can post pictures if you want. :D
TheCanadianToast

Post by TheCanadianToast » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:41 am

Windows 10 Technical Preview looks like a mixture of both Windows 8.1 and what Windows 10 looks like today. I guess that it is typical and normal for Microsoft to do that, since they always do that for testing beta operating system builds... :P :lol:
PotatoDos

Post by PotatoDos » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:42 am

I really like some of Windows 10's features.

One of the features I have been using would be the virtual desktops.
I know that Linux had that feature for a long time. I have used various Linux distributions that had that feature, but it is nice to see it in Windows 10.

One feature that I don't use much would be Cortana.
I just found use it useless.
Anything I need to get done in Cortana can be easily done by just Googling it.
Cortana reminds me of Bonzi Buddy more then anything else because it tells jokes and sings...
Desktop build:
CPU Intel i5 3570K
GPU EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
RAM 8GB of Kingston HyperX
SSD 250GB Samsung 850 Evo
HDD Western Digital 1TB Black
TheCanadianToast

Post by TheCanadianToast » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:36 am

PotatoDos wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:42 am
One feature that I don't use much would be Cortana.
I just found use it useless.
Anything I need to get done in Cortana can be easily done by just Googling it.
Cortana reminds me of Bonzi Buddy more then anything else because it tells jokes and sings...
Yeah, what I did on my Windows 10 laptop the moment I got it was that I right clicked on the taskbar, Cortana menu, show Cortana icon. (This frees up space from the Cortana search box on your taskbar, and it just shows the Cortana icon instead). Or you can just choose to hide it altogether by choosing the hidden option on there...
MemeOS

Post by MemeOS » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:35 pm

Now i know why they call it WINDOWS