Rollback Rx (Windows)

Share useful tools and various software with the forum community. MUST be legal to share. NO PIRACY!
NaveekDarkroom

Rollback Rx (Windows)

Post by NaveekDarkroom » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:38 am

http://horizondatasys.com/download/

(there's a freeware version, plus commercial professional and server editions)

Has anyone else heard of this software? It's a pretty cool piece of software for Windows that is sort of a beefed up System Restore. What it does is let you create multiple snapshots of the system and it installs its own pre-boot environment that allows for restoration of the system even when Windows won't boot. I have managed to use it to restore an unbootable system to a bootable state.
VerySmartPerson

Re: Rollback Rx (Windows)

Post by VerySmartPerson » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:06 am

that's cool! I might use it
ShinyElGhosteo

Post by ShinyElGhosteo » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:08 pm

So kind of like time machine in mac?
This is my signature.
NaveekDarkroom

Post by NaveekDarkroom » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:44 am

ShinyElGhosteo wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:08 pm
So kind of like time machine in mac?
I don't have much experience with Mac OS X/OS X/macOS in general, but from what it seems, Time Machine serves the same basic purpose as Rollback but not in the same way. Unlike Rollback, Time Machine doesn't add an environment that can be accessed before the main system boots.
henk717

Post by henk717 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:52 pm

Don't use this program on anything but an experimental machine you don't care about, its highly unstable and will corrupt your drive over time if the machine has been improperly shut down and/or altered with a USB disk. Chances of you losing your data even in the snapshots are massively increased once the software has been installed so always take good backups.