Hello everyone, I am mody.
I have recently been working on a project with another developer and a team of testers to give Microsoft Windows XP Professional (RTM/SP4) a new style to make it feel more similar to the beta-builds codenamed Longhorn. We called this project Windows XP Kidteens and this is the end result.
Link to ISO: soon
2021 aug 6 back soon
NOTE: A Volume License Key is required to install this modification of Windows, we do not provide one as we do not condone software piracy in any way shape or form.
Changes made to the build include:
- New icons from Longhorn
- Kids Windows XP Theme and Beta Longhorn theme added
- Build number changed from 5.1.4074 to 5.1.5910 (this may break compatibility with certain applications and utilities such as VMWare Tools)
- Windows XP Tour Removed
- Windows File Protection Disabled
- Modified branding in logon screen and other places
- Windows XP Setup replaced with Longhorn setup
- Text Mode Setup modified to remove any mention of Windows XP
Credits to the Windows XP Kidteens Edition team and resources are as follows:
- GMM for SFX
- AO554 for GFX
- Windows XP Kidteens Edition Tester Team: amoschampion, AO554, Nour T, GMM
- Windows XP Kidteens Edition Development Team: Me, Glosswired (Developed M2 Build), GMM (helped out with M3)
- GMM for Kids Windows XP Theme
- Amoschampion for 2003 windows longhorn Theme
- CL-Tools 4Win
- Oracle Virtualbox 6.1
- signer (to sign NTOSKRNL.EXE and NTKRNLMP.EXE)
- Resource Hacker
- XN Resource Editor (for modifying Text Mode Setup)
Discuss operating systems based on Windows NT (including modern versions).
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
What is Kids Windows XP Theme?