Should I stay (with Ubuntu) or should I go (to Windows)?

Discuss Linux distros, and any other operating system that does not fit into the other categories.
theDisillusioned

Should I stay (with Ubuntu) or should I go (to Windows)?

Post by theDisillusioned » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:26 am

I asked a version of this question over on the Windows NT forum but I'd like to Linux's side of things.

I'm currently running Ubuntu 16.04 on an old HP laptop. The problems and frustrations have gotten to the point where I'm getting a new machine. However, I am getting pretty tired of work-arounds, tweakings and, generally jury-rigging things to get them to work. So, my question to you is this; what, in your opinion, is the good and bad about sticking with Ubuntu (18.04 or whatever the current LTS release is) relative to Windows 10?

Information which may be helpful in answering my question:
Beyond the web browsing everyone does, I use my machine for gaming via Discord, image creation/editing/manipulation with GIMP & Inkscape and, one heck of a lot writing with LibreOffice.
I'm not Windows-phobic and have used both XP & 7 extensively in the past.

Your thoughts are appreciated.

Many Thanks,
DjC
MicrosoftWindows95

Re: Should I stay (with Ubuntu) or should I go (to Windows)?

Post by MicrosoftWindows95 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:18 pm

I personally use Windows 10 and I would recommend using Windows because its easier to use. I'm using an old Version of Windows 10 and I do just fine. I'm using Version 1803. You can do much more on Windows. I'm still able to use my 10year old DELL PC on Windows 10
The guy who still uses a 20 year old Microsoft mouse
DPlex64

Post by DPlex64 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:32 pm

I like both Windows and Ubuntu, I have them dual-booted in a laptop so I can use any of the two. If it's your MAIN computer, go with Windows. If it's a SECONDARY computer, maybe Ubuntu or dual-booting both.
Hello people........
My forums (NEED 20 MEMBERS PLS): https://windowsshareproject.createaforum.com
MicrosoftWindows95

Post by MicrosoftWindows95 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:17 pm

You should use a dual-boot if you know how to do one
The guy who still uses a 20 year old Microsoft mouse