Windows XP Ultimate?

Discuss operating systems based on Windows NT (including modern versions).
Ludlulu

Windows XP Ultimate?

Post by Ludlulu » Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:12 pm

Hello!

I would like to know how to integrate these files into an ISO of Windows XP Tablet PC Edition to create the ultimate Windows XP. I know Geek XP has done the same and I am inspired by this project. On the other hand, I would like it to be cleaner than having the interface completely changed and the icons (like Geek XP). I await your answers! Thank you! :D

Screenshot:

KerbMario

Re: Windows XP Ultimate?

Post by KerbMario » Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:54 am

You would like to get them out of your vm?
"I prefer NT4 than Win7"- KerbMario
"We hate Clippy and Easter Eggs"- Microsoft
Ludlulu

Post by Ludlulu » Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:55 am

KerbMario wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:54 am
You would like to get them out of your vm?
I would like to put them in an ISO to make a kind of Windows XP Ultimate.
DPlex64

Post by DPlex64 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:28 am

Maybe you can try using Nlite?
Hello people........
My forums: https://windowsshareproject.com
qinglin5mao

Post by qinglin5mao » Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:37 pm

DPlex64 wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:28 am
Great idea! now what?
Ludlulu wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:12 pm
Hello!

I would like to know how to integrate these files into an ISO of Windows XP Tablet PC Edition to create the ultimate Windows XP. I know Geek XP has done the same and I am inspired by this project. On the other hand, I would like it to be cleaner than having the interface completely changed and the icons (like Geek XP). I await your answers! Thank you! :D

Screenshot:

I am honestly stunned by the level of cluelessness about the Windows Operating System when it comes to modding its installation media beyond the options that nlite provides you.
Anyway, as a sign of good faith, I made this for you guys:
Windows XP Tablet Add-on for Service Pack 3+ (English)
Some important things i want to mention in advance:
  • The archive contains a cmpnents folder and the actual add-on for nlite
  • Under all circumstances, use the cmpnents folder from my pack if you also want to use the provided nlite addon!
  • The files all come from the Windows XP Unofficial Service Pack 4, except for small modifications that force the Tablet PC components to use .NET Framework 1.1 instead of 1.0
If there are any questions about this pack, do not hesitate to ask them!

P.S.: Media Center 2005 Addon (the same used in Geek XP) can be found here: https://www.wincert.net/forum/topic/465 ... y-24-2012/
MuiDylanTaylor

Post by MuiDylanTaylor » Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:59 am

qinglin5mao wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:37 pm
DPlex64 wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:28 am
Great idea! now what?
Ludlulu wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:12 pm
Hello!

Screenshot:

I am honestly stunned by the level of cluelessness about the Windows Operating System when it comes to modding its installation media beyond the options that nlite provides you.
Anyway, as a sign of good faith, I made this for you guys:
Windows XP Tablet Add-on for Service Pack 3+ (English)
Some important things i want to mention in advance:
  • The archive contains a cmpnents folder and the actual add-on for nlite
  • Under all circumstances, use the cmpnents folder from my pack if you also want to use the provided nlite addon!
  • The files all come from the Windows XP Unofficial Service Pack 4, except for small modifications that force the Tablet PC components to use .NET Framework 1.1 instead of 1.0
If there are any questions about this pack, do not hesitate to ask them!

P.S.: Media Center 2005 Addon (the same used in Geek XP) can be found here: https://www.wincert.net/forum/topic/465 ... y-24-2012/
Actually I have seen something called Windows XP Deluxe, which you can also find on the same Discord server as Windows 2007, and Windows 2010. That might be irrelevant, but it HAS both the features of Windows XP Tablet PC Edition and Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005!