Page 1 of 1

256-Colors (Windows NT 4.0)

Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:16 pm
by FlamingApple
Hello, Does anyone know how to install 256 colors in Windows NT 4.0? I have tried using Parallels, VMware Fusion and Virtualbox. I have tried installing SP6, but my vm will not recognize sp6 after installation.

Re: 256-Colors (Windows NT 4.0)

Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:43 am
by delawareian
FlamingApple wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:16 pm
Hello, Does anyone know how to install 256 colors in Windows NT 4.0? I have tried installing V-Box Guest Additions and Parallels tools. I do not have acess to VMware.
Did you install NT4 Service Pack 6? I know most stuff in NT4 doesn't work correctly without it.

Re: 256-Colors (Windows NT 4.0)

Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:53 am
by NewYorkEagle
delawareian wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:43 am
FlamingApple wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:16 pm
Hello, Does anyone know how to install 256 colors in Windows NT 4.0? I have tried installing V-Box Guest Additions and Parallels tools. I do not have acess to VMware.
Did you install NT4 Service Pack 6? I know most stuff in NT4 doesn't work correctly without it.
That's what I tried to do with my NT 4.0 VM, since it wouldn't work well with Service Pack 1.

Re: 256-Colors (Windows NT 4.0)

Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:08 pm
by FlamingApple
delawareian wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:43 am
FlamingApple wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:16 pm
Hello, Does anyone know how to install 256 colors in Windows NT 4.0? I have tried installing V-Box Guest Additions and Parallels tools. I do not have acess to VMware.
Did you install NT4 Service Pack 6? I know most stuff in NT4 doesn't work correctly without it.
Yes, I have I could not get it to install.

Re: 256-Colors (Windows NT 4.0)

Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:02 pm
by NewYorkEagle
FlamingApple wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:08 pm
delawareian wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:43 am
FlamingApple wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:16 pm
Hello, Does anyone know how to install 256 colors in Windows NT 4.0? I have tried installing V-Box Guest Additions and Parallels tools. I do not have acess to VMware.
Did you install NT4 Service Pack 6? I know most stuff in NT4 doesn't work correctly without it.
Yes, I have I could not get it to install.
Oh. Do you use either VMware, Virtualbox, or Virtual PC?

Re: 256-Colors (Windows NT 4.0)

Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:38 pm
by FlamingApple
NewYorkEagle wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:02 pm
FlamingApple wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:08 pm
delawareian wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:43 am


Did you install NT4 Service Pack 6? I know most stuff in NT4 doesn't work correctly without it.
Yes, I have I could not get it to install.
Oh. Do you use either VMware, Virtualbox, or Virtual PC?
I have VMware Fusion, VirtualBox and Parallels.

Re: 256-Colors (Windows NT 4.0)

Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:49 pm
by NewYorkEagle
FlamingApple wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:38 pm
NewYorkEagle wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:02 pm
FlamingApple wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:08 pm
Yes, I have I could not get it to install.
Oh. Do you use either VMware, Virtualbox, or Virtual PC?
I have VMware Fusion, VirtualBox and Parallels.
I guess if you have VMware Fusion, I'm not sure how is it worth having Windows NT. Considering I have Windows, I bet it's like the same.

Re: 256-Colors (Windows NT 4.0)

Posted: Sat May 05, 2018 2:52 pm
by AlexRulesVGCP
I installed it on VirtualBox. How can I get 256-colors? Installing Guest Additions?

Re: 256-Colors (Windows NT 4.0)

Posted: Mon May 07, 2018 10:24 am
by wombatsRus
Hello AlexRulesVGCP,

I haven't tested the 2 video video drivers below with NT, but they may be worth trying.

The drivers are SciTech Display Doctor v7 and MS-GIL's VBEMP Universal Display Driver.

Please have a look at the post here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=44

The link to the SciTech driver is: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BycgkM ... RycVE/view

The link to the VBEMP driver is here: http://sur.ly/o/ms-gil.weebly.com/AA021280 with the DL link at:
https://ms-gil.weebly.com/uploads/5/4/0 ... _color.vfd

(If neither of these links work please let me know and I'll upload both drivers to MediaFire for you).

Hopefully one of these will work with NT.

Kind regards,
Lindsay

Re: 256-Colors (Windows NT 4.0)

Posted: Sun May 20, 2018 5:30 am
by AlexRulesVGCP
I tried installing guest additions on my vm, and it worked flawlessly, with no problems. :D