Neat Abandon-ware site!

Discuss operating systems based on Windows NT (including modern versions).
User avatar
Neb
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:20 pm
Location: doing the do
Contact:

Neat Abandon-ware site!

Post by Neb » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:29 pm

So this kinda falls under all of the OS catagories, but i bet most of the kids are interested in Windows.

There's this site called WinWorld that has a TON of abandon-ware! They have DOS, Windows, Mac, *nix, and OS/2.

Site link: https://winworldpc.com/library Used them for a while now, works great.
Image
User avatar
NewYorkEagle
Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Neat Abandon-ware site!

Post by NewYorkEagle » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:55 pm

That site is perfect for anything related from Windows 1.0 to Windows ME, if you're a Microsoft enthusiast.
Image

My Computer Specs:

Model: Acer Veriton X2631
CPU: Intel Core i5 (4440)
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600
RAM: 8 GB DDR3
HDD: 2.6 TB (Partitions total)
OS: Windows 10 Pro
Sound: Realtek High Definition Audio
User avatar
MemeOS
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:08 am
Location: the mysterious green and cold land named iowa
Contact:

Re: Neat Abandon-ware site!

Post by MemeOS » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:56 pm

Neb wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:29 pm
So this kinda falls under all of the OS catagories, but i bet most of the kids are interested in Windows.

There's this site called WinWorld that has a TON of abandon-ware! They have DOS, Windows, Mac, *nix, and OS/2.

Site link: https://winworldpc.com/library Used them for a while now, works great.
Ive used it for a long time. nice to see you tell more people about it!
Image
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
NewYorkEagle
Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Neat Abandon-ware site!

Post by NewYorkEagle » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:59 pm

MemeOS wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:56 pm
Neb wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:29 pm
So this kinda falls under all of the OS catagories, but i bet most of the kids are interested in Windows.

There's this site called WinWorld that has a TON of abandon-ware! They have DOS, Windows, Mac, *nix, and OS/2.

Site link: https://winworldpc.com/library Used them for a while now, works great.
Ive used it for a long time. nice to see you tell more people about it!
I've known about WinWorld for quite a while now, but I've been a member there since early January.
Image

My Computer Specs:

Model: Acer Veriton X2631
CPU: Intel Core i5 (4440)
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600
RAM: 8 GB DDR3
HDD: 2.6 TB (Partitions total)
OS: Windows 10 Pro
Sound: Realtek High Definition Audio
User avatar
TheCanadianToast
Posts: 175
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:26 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Neat Abandon-ware site!

Post by TheCanadianToast » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:21 am

Yeah, Winworldpc is the place to be to download abandonware operating systems. However, they have stated they will not offer Windows XP for download because the operating system has a bit of a high market share for them to consider it... :?
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
NewYorkEagle
Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Neat Abandon-ware site!

Post by NewYorkEagle » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:39 am

TheCanadianToast wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:21 am
Yeah, Winworldpc is the place to be to download abandonware operating systems. However, they have stated they will not offer Windows XP for download because the operating system has a bit of a high market share for them to consider it... :?
They don't offer any OS after Windows XP as well. It's just Windows 1.0 to Windows ME for Microsoft operating systems.
Image

My Computer Specs:

Model: Acer Veriton X2631
CPU: Intel Core i5 (4440)
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600
RAM: 8 GB DDR3
HDD: 2.6 TB (Partitions total)
OS: Windows 10 Pro
Sound: Realtek High Definition Audio
User avatar
ShinyElGhosteo
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:20 am
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: Neat Abandon-ware site!

Post by ShinyElGhosteo » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:49 am

NewYorkEagle wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:39 am
TheCanadianToast wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:21 am
Yeah, Winworldpc is the place to be to download abandonware operating systems. However, they have stated they will not offer Windows XP for download because the operating system has a bit of a high market share for them to consider it... :?
They don't offer any OS after Windows XP as well. It's just Windows 1.0 to Windows ME for Microsoft operating systems.
It's alright though because every MS OS starting at XP is easy to find elsewhere. Except maybe a 64 bit Vista copy. I can only find 32 and my Vista DVD is a 32 bit copy.
This is my signature.
User avatar
NewYorkEagle
Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Neat Abandon-ware site!

Post by NewYorkEagle » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:58 am

ShinyElGhosteo wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:49 am
NewYorkEagle wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:39 am
TheCanadianToast wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:21 am
Yeah, Winworldpc is the place to be to download abandonware operating systems. However, they have stated they will not offer Windows XP for download because the operating system has a bit of a high market share for them to consider it... :?
They don't offer any OS after Windows XP as well. It's just Windows 1.0 to Windows ME for Microsoft operating systems.
It's alright though because every MS OS starting at XP is easy to find elsewhere. Except maybe a 64 bit Vista copy. I can only find 32 and my Vista DVD is a 32 bit copy.
Yeah, that's true. It's simply more advanced than the Windows 9x systems, where they are practically the same thing for 5 years before XP. Although, it's not that easy finding a Vista ISO file, since the OS is still in support.
Image

My Computer Specs:

Model: Acer Veriton X2631
CPU: Intel Core i5 (4440)
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600
RAM: 8 GB DDR3
HDD: 2.6 TB (Partitions total)
OS: Windows 10 Pro
Sound: Realtek High Definition Audio
User avatar
feandesign
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:44 am
Location: C:\Users\feandesign
Contact:

Re: Neat Abandon-ware site!

Post by feandesign » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:32 pm

This website is good too to be honest: http://vetusware.com/
Image
Image
I love electro (mainly Drum and Bass and House), crazy errors and [adult swim] bumps.
User avatar
NewYorkEagle
Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Neat Abandon-ware site!

Post by NewYorkEagle » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:40 pm

feandesign wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:32 pm
This website is good too to be honest: http://vetusware.com/
Okay, that is a better website than Winworld in my opinion.
Image

My Computer Specs:

Model: Acer Veriton X2631
CPU: Intel Core i5 (4440)
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600
RAM: 8 GB DDR3
HDD: 2.6 TB (Partitions total)
OS: Windows 10 Pro
Sound: Realtek High Definition Audio
Post Reply