Project: Windows 2007 - a Vista mod designed to look like Beta 2

Discuss operating systems based on Windows NT (including modern versions).
Glosswired

Project: Windows 2007 - a Vista mod designed to look like Beta 2

Post by Glosswired » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:11 pm

See http://win07.lh11.xyz/index.html (site by lh11, known as UIdesign on this forum)

An upcoming mod of Windows Vista Ultimate SP2 that replaces the Aero and Aero Basic themes with versions similar to the ones found in Vista Beta 2. I am working on it alongside a few others. Several others have also contributed to this project too.

It will also come with new wallpapers (including photos taken by the community, Microsoft employees' photos and professional stock photos), sample pictures and user account pictures. It will also come with a Vista Beta 1 theme as an option and possibly some other themes. In terms of software, it will include a Boot Configuration Data Editor GUI by Cosmo. Our aim is to show an alternate vision of Vista; how it could've been if Microsoft kept it more similar to Beta 2 but with a twist and even added other goodies. This goes beyond a step beyond OS mockups.

No download is available yet, unless you apply to be a tester. There are currently no plans for RTM/SP1-based versions either, nor versions in other English (too time-consuming and most people speak English anyways). The Discord server link is https://discord.gg/x2n75yD. If you would like to apply to become a tester, fill in the application in the #apply-for-tester channel on the server.

Here is a screenshot demonstrating how it currently looks.

Last edited by Glosswired on Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
ReesehanSchavinchiz

Re: Project: Windows 2007 - a Vista mod designed to look like Beta 2

Post by ReesehanSchavinchiz » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:15 am

developed by Glosswired, trademarktm, Megadeth58, and Cosmo :^)
reesehan schavinchiz (prefer you call me trademarktm)
i do windows mods and graphic design, sometimes i'm a game dev.
Cosmo1

Post by Cosmo1 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:11 pm

Just to clear things up, I'm not Cosmo (the XP-C guy). I work on Windows 2007 and wrote the BCD editor gui.

EDIT: And just for proof, here are some screenshots:
Glosswired

Post by Glosswired » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:10 pm

If anyone's curious, this is still in development. Megadeth58 is currently working on build 6010, which has been in development hell for around a month. This time it is based directly on build 6002 (with the assets from earlier 2007 builds being added back), due to the bugginess of previous builds. However, he is making good progress and the project seems to be back on track now.
Glosswired

Post by Glosswired » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:59 am

Build 6010 is finally out! We've decided to make it public, so for those who don't feel like joining the server you can download it here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RuEpxE ... sp=sharing.
UIdesign

Post by UIdesign » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:44 pm

Hello, lh11 (UIdesign) here. The website has been temporaily down for quite some time. For unknown reason, the whole webserver decided to die and I couldn't log into CPanel, which resulted in me moving to temp. webhost. It should be back up and running pretty soon.