Windows Longhorn/Vista Beta sounds

Discuss operating systems based on Windows NT (including modern versions).
ShunRMatoi

Windows Longhorn/Vista Beta sounds

Post by ShunRMatoi » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:01 am

So its more of a discussion Ive been interested in regarding those Vista Beta/Longhorn sound schemes that have been flying around for a long time but were never officially on the actual betal builds. Where do they come from? A transformation pack perhaps? I'm really curious if someone knows something about this.
Just learning as you go is the best approach. Now Check those chipsets and get upgrading CPUs on old laptops, you might be in for a pleasant suprise. :D
Glosswired

Re: Windows Longhorn/Vista Beta sounds

Post by Glosswired » Wed May 29, 2019 9:25 pm

Their origins are pretty elusive, even today. While people have claimed that they're official concept sounds that got leaked, I have yet to see legitimate evidence/proof to back those claims up other than them sounding "professional". While I agree with that, there are talented amateur musicians/sound designers out there, so we can't exactly jump to conclusions that they're official.

In conclusion they were either leaked concept sounds, or they came from some transformation pack (NOT Vista Inspirat, that doesn't even have all of its sounds). People have suggested Longhorn Refined, though its link has been down for 14+ years so there's no way to confirm that.
PF94

Re: Windows Longhorn/Vista Beta sounds

Post by PF94 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:06 pm

My theory was that the first pack of sounds were for Vista Inspirat and other sounds were made later on for another transformation pack.