Farewell Vista

Discuss operating systems based on Windows NT (including modern versions).
MemeOS

Re: Farewell Vista

Post by MemeOS » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:49 am

*TRIGGER WARNING*

Windows vista is cancer
NewYorkEagle

Post by NewYorkEagle » Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:29 am

MemeOS wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:49 am
*TRIGGER WARNING*

Windows vista is cancer
Nobody really defends the OS. But Service Pack 1 was more cancerous.

My Computer Specs:

Model: Acer Veriton X2631
CPU: Intel Core i5 (4440)
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600
RAM: 8 GB DDR3
HDD: 2.6 TB (Partitions total)
Sound: Realtek High Definition Audio
nknight

Post by nknight » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:20 pm

10 days until its unsupported.
User

Post by User » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:00 am

Ahhhhhh i remember vista i used it on all of my computers i even installed it on school computers no laging nothing smooth as butter
Hello...
NewYorkEagle

Post by NewYorkEagle » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:22 pm

This is it. Today's the day Windows Vista is finally going out of support. As much as the OS wasn't good as XP, I still have fond memories with it between 2009-2012. Although I was more happier before 2012.

My Computer Specs:

Model: Acer Veriton X2631
CPU: Intel Core i5 (4440)
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600
RAM: 8 GB DDR3
HDD: 2.6 TB (Partitions total)
Sound: Realtek High Definition Audio
ShinyElGhosteo

Post by ShinyElGhosteo » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:07 am

Well, it is all over now. That chapter of microsoft history is over and will be quickly forgotten. Imagine how different it would have been if vista didn't exist.
This is my signature.
TheCanadianToast

Post by TheCanadianToast » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:55 am

Rest in peace Windows Vista... Yeah like Michael already explained in his video, the lineup of future versions of Windows after Windows XP would have been TOTALLY different if Windows Codename Longhorn development did not reset by Microsoft in 2004, and if Microsoft knew what they were doing, because they lost sight, scrapped it, and had to start again from scratch, Windows Codename Longhorn would have been released 2-3 years after Windows XP, but that did not happen at all... Though long and behold, Windows Vista was released in January 2007. Think about it, due to the development reset, there is a huge year gap for Microsoft between Windows XP (2001), and Windows Vista (2007). Windows Vista being Windows XP's successor... I think that Microsoft did not have that much time after the development reset, and rushed developing Windows Vista RTM... Though, by the time Windows Vista got Service Pack 1 and 2, it was getting more stable...

Windows Codename Blackcomb, which eventually became Windows 7, would have taken Windows Vista's place in 2007, but that never happened. Windows 7 eventually became Windows Vista's successor in 2009, and boy, Windows 7 is the most widely used and popular operating system, and Windows 7 is and was a success for Microsoft, after they have learned their lessons about the failures and complaints that happened with Windows Vista... As of this month, Windows 7 carries 49.42% market share... Windows 7 still has the largest Windows market share today... Though Windows 7's extended support ends at the start of the new decade, on January 14, 2020...

Without Windows Vista, there would be no Windows 7 as we know and love today...
nknight

Post by nknight » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:35 pm

TheCanadianToast wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:55 am
Rest in peace Windows Vista... Yeah like Michael already explained in his video, the lineup of future versions of Windows after Windows XP would have been TOTALLY different if Windows Codename Longhorn development did not reset by Microsoft in 2004, and if Microsoft knew what they were doing, because they lost sight, scrapped it, and had to start again from scratch, Windows Codename Longhorn would have been released 2-3 years after Windows XP, but that did not happen at all... Though long and behold, Windows Vista was released in January 2007. Think about it, due to the development reset, there is a huge year gap for Microsoft between Windows XP (2001), and Windows Vista (2007). Windows Vista being Windows XP's successor... I think that Microsoft did not have that much time after the development reset, and rushed developing Windows Vista RTM... Though, by the time Windows Vista got Service Pack 1 and 2, it was getting more stable...

Windows Codename Blackcomb, which eventually became Windows 7, would have taken Windows Vista's place in 2007, but that never happened. Windows 7 eventually became Windows Vista's successor in 2009, and boy, Windows 7 is the most widely used and popular operating system, and Windows 7 is and was a success for Microsoft, after they have learned their lessons about the failures and complaints that happened with Windows Vista... As of this month, Windows 7 carries 49.42% market share... Windows 7 still has the largest Windows market share today... Though Windows 7's extended support ends at the start of the new decade, on January 14, 2020...

Without Windows Vista, there would be no Windows 7 as we know and love today...
Unlike Windows XP, there isn't something like Windows Embedded POSReady 2009 that Vista users can switch to. So they either have to go to Windows 7 SP1 (yes I had to add the SP1 part), Windows 8.1 Update 1 (again had to add the Update 1 part) preferably with a start menu , Windows 10 Creators update (like the last 2 I had to add the Creators update part lol). Or a Mac or a Linux distro or basically any OS that is supported on the hardware they're using.
TheCanadianToast

Post by TheCanadianToast » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:39 am

nknight wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:35 pm
Unlike Windows XP, there isn't something like Windows Embedded POSReady 2009 that Vista users can switch to. So they either have to go to Windows 7 SP1 (yes I had to add the SP1 part), Windows 8.1 Update 1 (again had to add the Update 1 part) preferably with a start menu , Windows 10 Creators update (like the last 2 I had to add the Creators update part lol). Or a Mac or a Linux distro or basically any OS that is supported on the hardware they're using.
Yeah, I did not switch to Windows Embedded POSReady 2009 after Windows XP support ended. I went from Windows XP to Windows Vista, to Windows 7. Skipping 8 and & 8.1, and went to Windows 10 Home pre-installed on it when I got my new laptop in December 2016...
nknight

Post by nknight » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:18 am

TheCanadianToast wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:39 am
nknight wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:35 pm
Yeah, I did not switch to Windows Embedded POSReady 2009 after Windows XP support ended. I went from Windows XP to Windows Vista, to Windows 7. Skipping 8 and & 8.1, and went to Windows 10 Home pre-installed on it when I got my new laptop in December 2016...
I didn't switch to anything new I still use XP today as my main OS with anti-virus and ad block just so no one can lead me to viruses.