Page 2 of 3

Re: Where is Windows Vista still being used Today?

Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:10 pm
by TheCanadianToast
nknight wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:24 pm
And then upgrade to windows 10 or whatever is the latest os then probably Windows 11 or 12 or something whatever is the latest Windows OS in the future.
Rumor has it that Windows 10 could be the last operating system ever released by Microsoft. If this is true, they may turn Windows 10 into a service... :?:

Re: Where is Windows Vista still being used Today?

Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:50 am
by ShinyElGhosteo
NewYorkEagle wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:23 pm
ShinyElGhosteo wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:09 pm
My school has like 2 Vista machines in the back of a classroom but they only get used when someone needs to print. However it's only a matter of time before those last ones get replaced with iMacs like all the other computers at this school.
Or at least have them get replaced with Windows 7 machines until 2020.
Nah man. All the Windows 7 PCs got thrown into the c-vans and left to rot away. All the student computers are iMacs and Chromebooks. All the teacher laptops are some standard dell or their personal laptop.

Re: Where is Windows Vista still being used Today?

Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:53 am
by NewYorkEagle
nknight wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:24 pm
NewYorkEagle wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:23 pm
ShinyElGhosteo wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:09 pm
My school has like 2 Vista machines in the back of a classroom but they only get used when someone needs to print. However it's only a matter of time before those last ones get replaced with iMacs like all the other computers at this school.
Or at least have them get replaced with Windows 7 machines until 2020.
And then upgrade to windows 10 or whatever is the latest os then probably Windows 11 or 12 or something whatever is the latest Windows OS in the future.
Or maybe they'll have Windows Neon or whatever, since it's not like Microsoft would think of newer Windows versions soon.

Re: Where is Windows Vista still being used Today?

Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:57 pm
by nknight
NewYorkEagle wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:53 am
nknight wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:24 pm
NewYorkEagle wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:23 pm


Or at least have them get replaced with Windows 7 machines until 2020.
And then upgrade to windows 10 or whatever is the latest os then probably Windows 11 or 12 or something whatever is the latest Windows OS in the future.
Or maybe they'll have Windows Neon or whatever, since it's not like Microsoft would think of newer Windows versions soon.
How did you think of a name like that?

Re: Where is Windows Vista still being used Today?

Posted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:29 pm
by NewYorkEagle
nknight wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:57 pm
NewYorkEagle wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:53 am
nknight wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:24 pm


And then upgrade to windows 10 or whatever is the latest os then probably Windows 11 or 12 or something whatever is the latest Windows OS in the future.
Or maybe they'll have Windows Neon or whatever, since it's not like Microsoft would think of newer Windows versions soon.
How did you think of a name like that?
I just guessed when they would have their new operating system in the near future.

Re: Where is Windows Vista still being used Today?

Posted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:50 pm
by Steve
In a paint shop on a computer connected to a wall paint mixer XD
(correct spelling powered by Google Translator)

Re: Where is Windows Vista still being used Today?

Posted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:07 pm
by Steve
I was done when i seed Windows 95 booting up in a Museum on some big touchscreen, it was some really early tablet thing. Windows 2000 in a hospital. And no suprise that almos evrywhere is XP. 2000 and 9x are very old OSs but if the softwares simply won't run on any newer version of Windows they are forced to use these OSs. And talking about the support thing 2000 and below are so old that can't run todays malware.

Re: Where is Windows Vista still being used Today?

Posted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:03 pm
by nknight
Steve wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:07 pm
I was done when i seed Windows 95 booting up in a Museum on some big touchscreen, it was some really early tablet thing. Windows 2000 in a hospital. And no suprise that almos evrywhere is XP. 2000 and 9x are very old OSs but if the softwares simply won't run on any newer version of Windows they are forced to use these OSs. And talking about the support thing 2000 and below are so old that can't run todays malware.
they could just use vms to run the software.

Re: Where is Windows Vista still being used Today?

Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 6:36 pm
by Steve
nknight wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 9:03 pm
Steve wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:07 pm
I was done when i seed Windows 95 booting up in a Museum on some big touchscreen, it was some really early tablet thing. Windows 2000 in a hospital. And no suprise that almos evrywhere is XP. 2000 and 9x are very old OSs but if the softwares simply won't run on any newer version of Windows they are forced to use these OSs. And talking about the support thing 2000 and below are so old that can't run todays malware.
they could just use vms to run the software.
Yeah that's a good idea

Re: Where is Windows Vista still being used Today?

Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:45 pm
by nknight
This is kind of off topic bc the computers I found were not running Vista but I found 2 computers running XP.

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk


PS at least one of them shipped with XP idk about the other one. I think I found 1 running Vista. And these were at my school.