Where is Windows Vista still being used Today?

Discuss operating systems based on Windows NT (including modern versions).
nknight

Where is Windows Vista still being used Today?

Post by nknight » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:26 am

Talk about where you see Vista being used Today so we have a record of Where it's being used after April 11, 2017 in Public places and not at your home. I'm cool with the fact that you'd use Vista at home but I want to be at public locations such as hospitals, schools, Stores (maybe) employee use.
Nathaniel Knight
NewYorkEagle

Re: Where is Windows Vista still being used Today?

Post by NewYorkEagle » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:41 am

I don't think a lot of people will use Windows Vista, even after its support ended. A lot of people really despise the operating system for its time, especially since it was the first OS that supported User Account Control and all the other crap that nobody really needed. For other NT systems, they're quite useful. They could still be used for a very long time without official support from Microsoft. Especially with 2000 and XP, which extended support from Microsoft for over a decade (2000 for 10 and a half years, XP for 12 and a half years, respectively). So, I don't think a lot of people would consider Vista to be as vital as older NT systems (sadly).

My Computer Specs:

Model: Acer Veriton X2631
CPU: Intel Core i5 (4440)
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600
RAM: 8 GB DDR3
HDD: 2.6 TB (Partitions total)
Sound: Realtek High Definition Audio
nknight

Post by nknight » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:56 pm

NewYorkEagle wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:41 am
I don't think a lot of people will use Windows Vista, even after its support ended. A lot of people really despise the operating system for its time, especially since it was the first OS that supported User Account Control and all the other crap that nobody really needed. For other NT systems, they're quite useful. They could still be used for a very long time without official support from Microsoft. Especially with 2000 and XP, which extended support from Microsoft for over a decade (2000 for 10 and a half years, XP for 12 and a half years, respectively). So, I don't think a lot of people would consider Vista to be as vital as older NT systems (sadly).
This is just in case someone see Vista being used in a public place they post it here so we can keep a record of where in public its being used.
Nathaniel Knight
michael
Site Admin

Post by michael » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:10 pm

This is a cool idea for a thread. It would be rare to see because of how many businesses stayed on XP even years after Vista was released, and after support ended. I'll be on the lookout, haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Michael MJD - Site Admin
TheCanadianToast

Post by TheCanadianToast » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:32 pm

To be honest, Windows Vista still being used in public places today would be extremely rare to find, and witness...

The following is off-topic, but I did see the Windows XP Taskbar peeking out at a grocery store Point of Sale system at the checkout one time, running the checkout software... :lol:
Last edited by TheCanadianToast on Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nknight

Post by nknight » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:34 pm

michael wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:10 pm
This is a cool idea for a thread. It would be rare to see because of how many businesses stayed on XP even years after Vista was released, and after support ended. I'll be on the lookout, haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm also on the lookout. lol
Nathaniel Knight
NewYorkEagle

Post by NewYorkEagle » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:05 am

TheCanadianToast wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:32 pm
To be honest, Windows Vista still being used in public places today would be extremely rare to find, and witness...

The following is off-topic, but I did see the Windows XP Taskbar peeking out at a grocery store Point of Sale system at the checkout one time, running the checkout software... :lol:
It's quite easy seeing Windows XP still being used to this day, despite being unsupported for the last 3 years.

My Computer Specs:

ShinyElGhosteo

Post by ShinyElGhosteo » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:09 pm

My school has like 2 Vista machines in the back of a classroom but they only get used when someone needs to print. However it's only a matter of time before those last ones get replaced with iMacs like all the other computers at this school.
This is my signature.
NewYorkEagle

Post by NewYorkEagle » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:23 pm

ShinyElGhosteo wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:09 pm
My school has like 2 Vista machines in the back of a classroom but they only get used when someone needs to print. However it's only a matter of time before those last ones get replaced with iMacs like all the other computers at this school.
Or at least have them get replaced with Windows 7 machines until 2020.

My Computer Specs:

nknight

Post by nknight » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:24 pm

NewYorkEagle wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:23 pm
ShinyElGhosteo wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:09 pm
Or at least have them get replaced with Windows 7 machines until 2020.
And then upgrade to windows 10 or whatever is the latest os then probably Windows 11 or 12 or something whatever is the latest Windows OS in the future.
Nathaniel Knight