Help!

Discuss operating systems based on Windows NT (including modern versions).
TheWiiLoversalt

Help!

Post by TheWiiLoversalt » Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:06 am

ok so im a big fan a micheals and thought this would be a good place to ask for help.

so heres whats happening my laptop (running win 11)
was working just fine earlier today but now i just get a windows boot manger error screen which ill link a image to on this thread. this laptop has most of my stuff on it and i did already boot using a ubuntu boot usb and everything is intact but i cant run setup to repair it bc wine cant run stuff like that.
PLEASE help as i also use this laptop to game and virtualize oses and i dont want to loose my progress on the vms,etc.
hope anything can work. p.s. i know about woeusb for linux
but again since im using a usb the drivers for the built in wifi+bluetooth cars arent loaded.
TheWiiLoversalt

Re: Help!

Post by TheWiiLoversalt » Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:21 am

heres the error screen from win boot manger
"windows failed to start.
cause. To fix the problem:
A recent hardware or software change might be the
1. Insert your windows
installation disc and restart your computer
2. Choose your language settings, and then click
"Next."
3. Click
"Repair your computer
If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer
manufacturer for assistance
Info: After multiple tries, the operating system on your PC failed to
start, so it needs to be repaired."
and now im getting a bsod with error code 0xc000021a
BootVirtual

Post by BootVirtual » Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:55 pm

Have you tried automatic repair? (Turn on your computer and when it tries to boot force turn it off, repeat until seeing preparing automatic repair)
TheWiiLoversalt

Post by TheWiiLoversalt » Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:20 am

BootVirtual wrote:Have you tried automatic repair? (Turn on your computer and when it tries to boot force turn it off, repeat until seeing preparing automatic repair)
hi
my problem was solved by using ubuntu 20.04 and something called "Ventoy". it was super simple and got windows installed but since i had to fully install linux none of my stuff got saved and got deleted but thats ok since all my files i had were taking up over 300gb of hdd space and it was very laggy. i hope that this never happens to me again(lol) and i also know why michael has to burn so many cd/dvds on windows for anything to work(lol).