Are half the Windows ME CD-ROMs considered unbootable?

Discuss any edition of DOS, Windows 1.x, Windows 2.x, Windows 3.x, and Windows 9x
Wadmodder

Are half the Windows ME CD-ROMs considered unbootable?

Post by Wadmodder » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:19 am

We all know that Windows Millennium Edition (ME) was the final release of the Windows 9x kernal of operating systems built on top of MS-DOS, and how it got criticized by many reviewers & computer users alike, with numerous bugs in the OS, being unstable most of the time, the fact that System Restore could actually restore malware that a user previously removed, and removal of Real-Mode DOS used by some MS-DOS software & games.

While Windows ME can easily be found on many abandonware websites, half of them that these sites offer are unbootable, and offers the boot disk floppy for Windows ME, but since the boot disk is based on MS-DOS 8.0 (which was already crippled since Build 2332), it's a little bit difficult to install Windows ME, so some websites recommend using a Windows 98 SE boot disk floppy instead.

If any bootable Windows ME CD-ROMs exist on some abandonware websites, or if their on sale on Ebay & Amazon, then these are considered the rarest Windows 9x releases out there, as Windows ME was only sold for about only a year & 402 days before being replaced by Windows XP, which was released in 2001 (August 24 2001 for the RTM, & October 25 2001 for the General Availability).

If you about any bootable Windows ME CD-ROMs, let me know in this discussion. ;)
DPlex64

Re: Are half the Windows ME CD-ROMs considered unbootable?

Post by DPlex64 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:43 am

Hmm I wonder if the Windows ME ISOs on WinWorld are bootable.
Hello people........
My forums (NEED 20 MEMBERS PLS): https://windowsshareproject.createaforum.com