Page 1 of 2

Windows Operating System Choice on Vintage Computer

Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:41 pm
by nknight
I don't feel like putting in a description.

Re: Windows Operating System Choice on Vintage Computer

Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:02 pm
by MajorSky17
That's easy...ME! (You think I'm joking! :mrgreen: )

Re: Windows Operating System Choice on Vintage Computer

Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:57 pm
by NewYorkEagle
If it's a computer made in the 90s or early 2000s, I'll might have it on either Windows 95 or 98. The other ones don't seem to be great if I want to make a vintage gaming PC, while running old computer games. Unless it was for MS-DOS, I'll rather have it on a separate vintage computer.

Re: Windows Operating System Choice on Vintage Computer

Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:28 am
by ShinyElGhosteo
If its able to, 98 might be best because it's the newest but most stable. Most likely easier to get running than 95 on an actual machine,

Re: Windows Operating System Choice on Vintage Computer

Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:00 am
by MemeOS
nknight wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:41 pm
I don't feel like putting in a description.
i would put an NT OS on it. 2000 would be perfect. but if it just HAS to be Dos based, 98

Re: Windows Operating System Choice on Vintage Computer

Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:30 pm
by Steve
Depending on specs.
I have an old Toshiba laptop which don't meet the minimum requirements for 95 to i'm forced to use 3.1 on it

Re: Windows Operating System Choice on Vintage Computer

Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:55 pm
by NewYorkEagle
Steve wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:30 pm
Depending on specs.
I have an old Toshiba laptop which don't meet the minimum requirements for 95 to i'm forced to use 3.1 on it
I'm considering that laptop is way too old to be used on any Windows OS. Maybe you should get one that is made for 95 or 98.

Re: Windows Operating System Choice on Vintage Computer

Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:13 am
by Steve
NewYorkEagle wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:55 pm
Steve wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:30 pm
Depending on specs.
I have an old Toshiba laptop which don't meet the minimum requirements for 95 to i'm forced to use 3.1 on it
I'm considering that laptop is way too old to be used on any Windows OS. Maybe you should get one that is made for 95 or 98.
Yes, and the processor of it is way too od to run Virus:The Game
This Sucks.
My other computers are too fast (even the Pentium 3)
And this is too slow and can't run Windows 98
:(

Re: Windows Operating System Choice on Vintage Computer

Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:42 pm
by NewYorkEagle
Steve wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:13 am
NewYorkEagle wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:55 pm
Steve wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:30 pm
Depending on specs.
I have an old Toshiba laptop which don't meet the minimum requirements for 95 to i'm forced to use 3.1 on it
I'm considering that laptop is way too old to be used on any Windows OS. Maybe you should get one that is made for 95 or 98.
Yes, and the processor of it is way too od to run Virus:The Game
This Sucks.
My other computers are too fast (even the Pentium 3)
And this is too slow and can't run Windows 98
:(
Well I guess maybe you should run Windows 95, if it actually works with your processor.

Re: Windows Operating System Choice on Vintage Computer

Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:46 am
by Steve
NewYorkEagle wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:42 pm
Steve wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:13 am
NewYorkEagle wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:55 pm


I'm considering that laptop is way too old to be used on any Windows OS. Maybe you should get one that is made for 95 or 98.
Yes, and the processor of it is way too od to run Virus:The Game
This Sucks.
My other computers are too fast (even the Pentium 3)
And this is too slow and can't run Windows 98
:(
Well I guess maybe you should run Windows 95, if it actually works with your processor.
i will try to do something whit it. maybe it go to the trash...(Steve? you are an idiot this sells for 500$ on ebay!! )