New Links Policy

The law of the land. Please read the rules before registering for a user account and familiarize yourself with them when posting.
michael
Site Admin

New Links Policy

Post by michael » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:04 pm

Hello all,

Due to some recent concerns, I am implementing a new policy when it comes to the sharing of links. It is now against the rules to post download links to all versions of Windows (XP and above) as well as unofficial versions of these releases. This is due to a couple of reasons. Microsoft has taken issue with other forum websites providing links to certain Windows releases, and I do not want this website to be one of them. This is also due to the security uncertainties when it comes to these unofficial versions. As I always highlight in all of my Unofficial Windows videos, I do not recommend anyone to use these versions of Windows since they are modified by 3rd party developers. However, the discussion of these unofficial versions is still allowed. But any posts that contain download links will now be removed, or the download link will be redacted from the post. I feel this is a necessary precaution to protect the security of all OSForums users, and to respect Microsoft's copyright. Thank you for your understanding!

-Michael
Last edited by michael on Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael MJD - Site Admin