Hello! I just joined the site!

New to the forums? Introduce yourself here!
ShunRMatoi

Hello! I just joined the site!

Post by ShunRMatoi » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:11 am

Hello! I am new to this site but I've been watching Michael's videos for a good while now and well might aswell join the discussion as computers, Hardware and Software are passion of mine especially older iterations of the former. I find it quite fascinating as how the development phases of Windows came to be. And now that Windows XP (Including POS 2009) Is falling to Legendary status at this point in time. And just some months later as this post is made Windows 7 will follow suit. Well feels nice to have some nostalgia VMs laying around and all those themes from DeviantART applied on them.
Just learning as you go is the best approach. Now Check those chipsets and get upgrading CPUs on old laptops, you might be in for a pleasant suprise. :D
Mattjod

Re: Hello! I just joined the site!

Post by Mattjod » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:59 pm

Welcome! It's absolutely crazy to me how old Windows 7 really is, it's turning 10 years old this year... It still feels new to me. I'll definitely never stop loving XP, of course.
ShunRMatoi

Post by ShunRMatoi » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:48 am

Mattjod wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:59 pm
Welcome! It's absolutely crazy to me how old Windows 7 really is, it's turning 10 years old this year... It still feels new to me. I'll definitely never stop loving XP, of course.
Indeed! Windows 7 by far was one of the cleanest Windows ever made. Its kinda sad they never made a Service Pack 2 for it considering the sheer ammount of updates it requires. Maybe someone can make one and pack all those updates in an iso.
Just learning as you go is the best approach. Now Check those chipsets and get upgrading CPUs on old laptops, you might be in for a pleasant suprise. :D
TheCanadianToast

Post by TheCanadianToast » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:42 am

Welcome to OSForums.net, ShunRMatoi. :D

Yeah, I am also sad to see Windows 7 go as well out of extended support by Microsoft on January 14, 2020. Unfortunately due to Windows 7's mainstream support ending on January 13, 2015, Microsoft never got the chance to create a "Windows 7 Service Pack 2" for the operating system... :(