AJAX Chatroom? Also the code buttons are not labled properly.

Discuss any issues or request features to be added to the site.
TheCanadianToast

AJAX Chatroom? Also the code buttons are not labled properly.

Post by TheCanadianToast » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:00 pm

Hello,

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Shahrooz, I am 20 years old, and I have been interested in technology for a long time. I am also subscribed to MJD's channel, which is how I found out about this website. Anyways congrats on almost reaching 8,000 subscribers by the way MJD, your videos are awesome by the way, keep up the great work as always. :)

Anyways, about this thread:

I would like to request a feature to be added to the website if michael doesn't mind this, and that is a live chatroom, or preferably AJAX Chat. You said in your video that this website runs on a super fast Virtual Private Server or VPS for short, and on a 40gbps internet connection. That is insanely fast. AJAX Chat would run with no problem on an internet connection that fast. AJAX Chat has phpBB integration, which I can see that this website is running on. So, what do you think about this Michael?

What AJAX Chat is: (website description)
AJAX Chat is a free and fully customizable open source web chat implemented in JavaScript, PHP and MySQL which integrates nicely with common forum systems like phpBB, MyBB, FluxBB, SMF and vBulletin.
http://frug.github.io/AJAX-Chat/

Anyways, my second topic on this thread is that your code buttons are not labeled properly, and I see this instead:

Anyways that is all that I have to say for this thread, great job on the website by the way MJD.

- Shahrooz
michael
Site Admin

Re: AJAX Chatroom? Also the code buttons are not labled properly.

Post by michael » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:14 pm

Hey Shahrooz,

Thanks for checking out the site! I actually thought about adding AJAX Chat to the forums initially, but I figured I'd wait and see how the site does when I release it before doing so. It is definitely a possibility in a future update! As for the BBCode buttons, I honestly have no clue why that's happening. I noticed it a couple of days ago and was not able to fix it. I think it has something to do with this theme, as it's designed for an older version of phpBB. I really like the theme, though, and I couldn't find another one that worked with the style I was going for. Hopefully, it will be fixed in a future update, but I'll continue researching it in the meantime.

Thanks again for checking the site out!

-mjd
Michael MJD - Site Admin
TheCanadianToast

Post by TheCanadianToast » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:30 pm

michael wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:14 pm
Hey Shahrooz,

Thanks for checking out the site! I actually thought about adding AJAX Chat to the forums initially, but I figured I'd wait and see how the site does when I release it before doing so. It is definitely a possibility in a future update! As for the BBCode buttons, I honestly have no clue why that's happening. I noticed it a couple of days ago and was not able to fix it. I think it has something to do with this theme, as it's designed for an older version of phpBB. I really like the theme, though, and I couldn't find another one that worked with the style I was going for. Hopefully, it will be fixed in a future update, but I'll continue researching it in the meantime.

-mjd
Hi MJD,

Ah okay thank you, so you did know what AJAX Chat was already, that is my fault. Excuse me for that. Hopefully, this website succeeds in gaining a lot of members to register for these forums and that a lot of thread activity goes on as well for a possibility for AJAX Chat to happen. Of course, that would be up to you. Also about the BBCode, I see. I don't think this theme is bad either. I like it too. But yeah I agree, being on the latest version of phpBB is strongly recommended as it has new improvements, and fixes security problems as well. And yeah, hopefully the code buttons can be fixed in the near future.

- Shahrooz
michael
Site Admin

Post by michael » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:37 pm

TheCanadianToast wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:30 pm
michael wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:14 pm
Hey Shahrooz,

-mjd
Hi MJD,

Ah okay thank you, so you did know what AJAX Chat was already, that is my fault. Excuse me for that. Hopefully, this website succeeds in gaining a lot of members to register for these forums and that a lot of thread activity goes on as well for a possibility for AJAX Chat to happen. Of course, that would be up to you. Also about the BBCode, I see. I don't think this theme is bad either. I like it too. But yeah I agree, being on the latest version of phpBB is strongly recommended as it has new improvements, and fixes security problems as well. And yeah, hopefully the code buttons can be fixed in the near future.

- Shahrooz

Nah you're fine man, thanks for the suggestion! I'm glad people are taking interest in AJAX Chat. I'll probably be adding a chat software to the forums pretty soon :D
Michael MJD - Site Admin
TheCanadianToast

Post by TheCanadianToast » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:32 am

I just saw your recent admin announcement. Thank you so much MJD for adding the AJAX Chat functionality onto your forum website. :D

Hopefully, the AJAX Chat function can attract more users to stay online onto the forum if they want to go in there and chat.