[REQUEST] You could possibly overload a Windows 10-based VM...

Discuss and request videos on Michael's YouTube channel.
DanPin

[REQUEST] You could possibly overload a Windows 10-based VM...

Post by DanPin » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:36 am

New user here! I'm making my VERY first video request.

So, imagine this: You feel a little bored one afternoon, and you decide to hop on the computer and open CMD.

Then, you feel like you want to open at least 200+ applications (known as "overloading the system"), so you type this command in the C:\Windows\SysWOW64 prompt: (copy and paste the code to the VM command-line window while recording)

Code: Select all

cd C:\Windows\SysWOW64

Code: Select all

for %1 in (*.com *.bat *.cmd *.vbs *.msc *.cpl *.exe) do start %1
And, you hit enter, but suddenly... Several applications start opening!

I tried it on my real machine (a 2008 Compaq Presario PC SR5350F with Windows 10 Anniversary Update), and it was REALLY funny! That is based on one of the other YouTube videos I watched before.

Go ahead, try it yourself. You'll be surprised when you do this!
DanPin

Re: [REQUEST] You could possibly overload a Windows 10-based VM...

Post by DanPin » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:28 am

This request hasn't been approved yet. Let me know if you are able to accept that.
DanPin

Post by DanPin » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:49 pm

For the last time, can you please make the video? Thanks!
TheCanadianToast

Post by TheCanadianToast » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:23 pm

Michael could be busy... He has not logged into the forum in a week, it looks like it. He will probably see this thread the next time that he logs in here...
DanPin

Post by DanPin » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:47 am

TheCanadianToast wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:23 pm
Michael could be busy... He has not logged into the forum in a week, it looks like it. He will probably see this thread the next time that he logs in here...
Thanks for notifying. He could be on a long hiatus right now, so if he comes back, I'll try to notify him as well to review this request. So, I will wait for now...

Actually I saw him upload a new video of a custom-built PC, but for some reason he ignored my video request. I'll try to notify him if he's able to make this video.
Neb

Post by Neb » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:34 am

DanPin wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:47 am
TheCanadianToast wrote:
Thanks for notifying. He could be on a long hiatus right now, so if he comes back, I'll try to notify him as well to review this request. So, I will wait for now...

Actually I saw him upload a new video of a custom-built PC, but for some reason he ignored my video request. I'll try to notify him if he's able to make this video.
He can't do everyone's requests :P
DanPin

Post by DanPin » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:04 am

Neb wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:34 am
DanPin wrote:
TheCanadianToast wrote:

...not true. He could.
Neb

Post by Neb » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:56 am

DanPin wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:04 am
Neb wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:34 am
DanPin wrote:

...not true. He could.
Ehem, not trying to start a war here, put say someone requested "oh plz do 8 gtx 1080 builds with 128 gb ram plz papa michael plzpzllzlzlz". Would he do it? No! And he doesn't have to listen to *our* requests, he can do whatever he wants. And he can choose what he wants to do. So good day.
michael
Site Admin

Post by michael » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:06 pm

Hey guys, sorry for not being as active on here lately. This request sounds like a cool idea. I actually did something similar with Win2K many years ago. I just searched for all the files ending in ".exe" and opened them at the same time. I'll definitely get around to making this, but I've been backed up on videos lately. There's a lot of things I want to cover, and things just keep getting pushed back. I actually have a really cool video on a viewer made OS that was sent to me a couple of months ago, but I've been occupied with my new PC build and the many videos I have covering that. Thanks for being patient :)
Michael MJD - Site Admin
DanPin

Post by DanPin » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:30 pm

michael wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:06 pm
Hey guys, sorry for not being as active on here lately. This request sounds like a cool idea. I actually did something similar with Win2K many years ago. I just searched for all the files ending in ".exe" and opened them at the same time. I'll definitely get around to making this, but I've been backed up on videos lately. There's a lot of things I want to cover, and things just keep getting pushed back. I actually have a really cool video on a viewer made OS that was sent to me a couple of months ago, but I've been occupied with my new PC build and the many videos I have covering that. Thanks for being patient :)
Thanks! But rather than searching for the executables in File Explorer, you can open CMD as an administrator and type these commands:

cd C:\Windows\SysWOW64
for %1 in (*.com *.bat *.cmd *.scr *.vbs *.msc *.cpl *.exe) do start %1

Go ahead! Start recording and try it out!

UPDATE: Hey, why not try to overload your new PC build using the above commands? It would be awesome if you'd try to run 200+ applications on that PC build via CMD. Thanks! And go ahead!