How To Get The Nostalgic Mozilla Firefox Status Bar Back With An Add-on

Discuss anything that does not fit into the other forum categories.
TheCanadianToast

How To Get The Nostalgic Mozilla Firefox Status Bar Back With An Add-on

Post by TheCanadianToast » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:12 am

WARNING: This add-on could cause your Mozilla Firefox program on your computer to behave erratically after the add-on installation restart. If this is the case, then immediately try to disable/uninstall the add-on in your Mozilla Firefox add-on page menu. However, if this does not happen with you, then you can choose keep this add-on or not.

Yes. It is possible to get the status bar back (with an add-on) that was on Mozilla Firefox way back in the day pre-version 4 on a modern version of Mozilla Firefox. (For Example: The status bar was on Mozilla Firefox version 3.0, and 3.5.)

Step 1: Install the following add-on named Status-4-Evar:

Located here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... us-4-evar/ (Mozilla Firefox will require a restart after add-on installation is completed.)

Step 2: Now here is the part where I said earlier that Mozilla Firefox could behave erratically. If your Mozilla Firefox behaves erratically after installation restart due to this add-on, then do what I said above.

Step 3: A download button is turned on by default in the status bar, if you do not want to use that, and use the default Mozilla Firefox download manager, to turn that download button off in the status bar, either, temporarily set Mozilla Firefox in customize mode, and drag the download button to the Customize Menu to put it there, OR, go to the Status-4-Evar add-on settings in your Mozilla Firefox Add-on page menu, go to the download tab section, and uncheck the box where it says "Always show the download status button.", press OK when done, and see if that works at all...

After all of this, I'm guessing that you are pretty much done, and you can use this add-on at anytime if you find out that your Mozilla Firefox is stable on your computer after the installation restart. As seen in the picture attached above, the right side thermometer bar will appear everytime you load a page, same with the as usual loading activity on the left side of the status bar... Just like the good ol' days... ;) If Michael MJD himself would like to record and upload a YouTube video about this Mozilla Firefox Add-on to his YouTube channel, he can feel free to, and include a link to this forum thread as well. I wouldn't mind at all if that happened. I'd watch it anyways since I'm subscribed to him on my YouTube account. Anyways, Enjoy! :)

NOTE: Your status bar will be a different color, depending on the Mozilla Firefox theme that you currently have enabled. My Mozilla Firefox theme that I am currently using in the attached picture above is Blue Firefox by Larry, which will make your status bar blue colored, of course... How cool is that? :P