The Beautiful CRT

Discuss computer peripherals including mice and keyboards.
ShinyElGhosteo

The Beautiful CRT

Post by ShinyElGhosteo » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:53 am

This is more of an update to my old post about the CRT screens but I finally managed to find one! Initially I found a white one that I wasn't really looking for but was a better option than my abused one so I got it and recycled the abused display. Fast forward a few months and along comes the grey dell one I was looking for. I also found a Commodore 2002 monitor that I couldn't pass up. Looks good when the sega is connected to it. In total I spent $12 on all three of these displays. There is peace in the world again. :D
Image Image Image

also hi. Been a while since I was last on here. lol
This is my signature.
TheCanadianToast

Re: The Beautiful CRT

Post by TheCanadianToast » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:25 am

Even though they were really heavy to carry, I do miss the days of both CRT TV's & CRT Computer Monitors to be quite honest, those were the days indeed... :(

Now we have more modern technology now, like LCD Computer monitors, and 4K displays for example...
ShinyElGhosteo

Re: The Beautiful CRT

Post by ShinyElGhosteo » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:39 am

TheCanadianToast wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:25 am
Even though they were really heavy to carry, I do miss the days of both CRT TV's & CRT Computer Monitors to be quite honest, those were the days indeed... :(

Now we have more modern technology now, like LCD Computer monitors, and 4K displays for example...
It's kind of odd to think about. Computers and monitors have never been so personalized, powerful, and overall unique yet they somehow feel cold, soulless, and empty compared to older ones. Maybe it's nostalgia or the way current hardware is marketed but I will still always be more interested in some random beige box than any RGB or gamery machine.
This is my signature.