buckling spring mechanical keyboards

Discuss computer peripherals including mice and keyboards.
nknight

buckling spring mechanical keyboards

Post by nknight » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:06 pm

talk about the various IBM Model M's and other mechanical keyboards that use buckling spring key switches, such as one that is really rare, the IBM Model M13.
Nathaniel Knight
TheCanadianToast

Re: buckling spring mechanical keyboards

Post by TheCanadianToast » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:40 pm

Unlike the original IBM Model M, the IBM Model M13 came out in a black color instead of the beige color. The IBM Model M13 also had an accupoint mouse in the keyboard as well. However, I guess they both have the same buckling spring keyboard typing feel on both the original IBM Model M and the IBM Model M13 keyboards...
nknight

Post by nknight » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:29 pm

TheCanadianToast wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:40 pm
Unlike the original IBM Model M, the IBM Model M13 came out in a black color instead of the beige color. The IBM Model M13 also had an accupoint mouse in the keyboard as well. However, I guess they both have the same buckling spring keyboard typing feel on both the original IBM Model M and the IBM Model M13 keyboards...
for IBM the pointing device is called the trackpoint. Also Lenovo uses the Trackpoint for the ThinkPads. I like IBM and Lenovo keyboards on ThinkPads because they feel nice to type on. :D
Nathaniel Knight
TheCanadianToast

Post by TheCanadianToast » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:03 pm

nknight wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:29 pm
for IBM the pointing device is called the trackpoint. Also Lenovo uses the Trackpoint for the ThinkPads. I like IBM and Lenovo keyboards on ThinkPads because they feel nice to type on. :D
Oops... Sorry nknight, you're absolutely right. According to: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pointing_ ... and_brands , I was pointing out the term for the Toshiba laptops instead.

And yeah, the IBM and Lenovo keyboards on their thinkpad laptops does feel nice to type on indeed. I have tried it before when I was still in High School. They had a bunch of Thinkpads during the time when I was there... :P
nknight

Post by nknight » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:19 pm

TheCanadianToast wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:03 pm
nknight wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:29 pm
Oops... Sorry nknight, you're absolutely right. According to: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pointing_ ... and_brands , I was pointing out the term for the Toshiba laptops instead.

And yeah, the IBM and Lenovo keyboards on their thinkpad laptops does feel nice to type on indeed. I have tried it before when I was still in High School. They had a bunch of Thinkpads during the time when I was there... :P
I don't actually own a ThinkPad or mechanical keyboard at least I think I don't because I have a Tandy keyboard that has clickyness like a mechanical keyboard and its basically as big as a model m. unfortunately it has an AT connector so I can't hook it up to a computer in my house without an adapter.
Nathaniel Knight