Linux that looks like Mac OS

Discuss Linux distros, and any other operating system that does not fit into the other categories.
Neb

Re: Linux that looks like Mac OS

Post by Neb » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:01 pm

ShinyElGhosteo wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:37 pm
Numbers wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:20 am
Zorin OS is one of more bloaty distros of Linux I've came across through my journey with linux. ( All my Opinion) I feel it's just not really a good OS for anyone unless you have a Decently Speced Laptop or Desktop due to its nature of it. Its a good attempt at easy to use / windows like distro , just I think it falls sort in a lot of areas. Then again all my opinion, and if anyone has any of Mac OS mode images of Zorin , I'd like to see them.
Is Zorin really that bad? I've seen it but haven't used it.
(late reply sorry </3) Yes. It's absolutely HORRIBLE. I'm ashamed to have it installed on my main system...
tomg

Post by tomg » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:29 pm

Almost every Linux distro and DE can be made to look (somewhat) like a mac by installing the corresponding themes, iconset and a dock like for instance docky or plank.
fmlatghor

Post by fmlatghor » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:37 pm

Neb wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:01 pm
ShinyElGhosteo wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:37 pm
Numbers wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:20 am
Zorin OS is one of more bloaty distros of Linux I've came across through my journey with linux. ( All my Opinion) I feel it's just not really a good OS for anyone unless you have a Decently Speced Laptop or Desktop due to its nature of it. Its a good attempt at easy to use / windows like distro , just I think it falls sort in a lot of areas. Then again all my opinion, and if anyone has any of Mac OS mode images of Zorin , I'd like to see them.
Is Zorin really that bad? I've seen it but haven't used it.
(late reply sorry </3) Yes. It's absolutely HORRIBLE. I'm ashamed to have it installed on my main system...
It isn't really that bad. I mean, I don't like Ubuntu the most, but it's not as bad as Manjaro. I honestly don't think it really does need to exist, there already being win-like DEs.