Linux that looks like Mac OS

Discuss Linux distros, and any other operating system that does not fit into the other categories.
ShinyElGhosteo

Linux that looks like Mac OS

Post by ShinyElGhosteo » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:59 pm

Anyone know of any decent versions of Linux that looks like mac OS? The closer, the better and Ideally with the finder happy face. I tried this one called Gmac Linux but the WiFi driver didn't install so I couldn't get it to work.
This is my signature.
VerySmartPerson

Re: Linux that looks like Mac OS

Post by VerySmartPerson » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:40 am

Cub is sort of like OS X, that's the closest I could find!
Numbers

Post by Numbers » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:46 am

This very neat this came up, because was something I was going to make a post about. Anywho there's 2 Main OS that are like legit Mac OS Copycats but Linux based and those are Gmac & Pearl OS. Here's a image of Gmac which I think is best clone on GUI in my opinion http://imgur.com/a/dxV21. Here's Pearl OS which is decent attempt as well http://imgur.com/a/5BdFE. Sadly this brings up memories of my favorite Mac OS Clone of its time Pear OS , which look like this http://imgur.com/a/bAi5R. ( Insert Nickelodeon iPear Reference Here). Pear OS was a project by a French guy until the rights were bought by a company which he stated wasn't Apple. ( But I'm like 99% Sure it was) Anyways I burnt a copy of Pear OS 8 to a disk before it was removed lucky so at somepoint I may upload it so people can get full Nickelodeon iPear Experience. And there's always Elementary OS http://imgur.com/a/tBNBA , which isn't really trying to , it just borrows a few things. ( Ironically Elementary OS 0.2 was originally suppose be named ISIS but it was changed for obvious reasons ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) )
NaveekDarkroom

Post by NaveekDarkroom » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:35 am

Wow, those look pretty close. There's also the program Docky, which gives a dock very similar to the Mac OS one. It even has the zoom effect like the Mac one.
xyz

Post by xyz » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:30 pm

elementaryOS looks like macOS but looks different enough to be transformative
lemme just push this into the center uuuuuguuuuuuuuuImage
feandesign

Post by feandesign » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:47 am

I think Zorin has got the Mac OS look feature, at least I heard of it somewhere.
I love electro (mainly Drum and Bass and House), crazy errors and [adult swim] bumps.
Neb

Post by Neb » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:08 am

feandesign wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:47 am
I think Zorin has got the Mac OS look feature, at least I heard of it somewhere.
Zorin is VERY VERY unoptimized, and the mac theme is paid.
Numbers

Post by Numbers » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:20 am

Zorin OS is one of more bloaty distros of Linux I've came across through my journey with linux. ( All my Opinion) I feel it's just not really a good OS for anyone unless you have a Decently Speced Laptop or Desktop due to its nature of it. Its a good attempt at easy to use / windows like distro , just I think it falls sort in a lot of areas. Then again all my opinion, and if anyone has any of Mac OS mode images of Zorin , I'd like to see them.
money123451

Post by money123451 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:23 am

you might want to try elementry os it also runs very well with the latest version in a vm (set the price to 0$ to get the download free but if you want you can throw them a few bucks) its made to mimic osx and it has all the drivers for the macbook 2010 I tested it on.
Desktop
CPU- I7-4770k
GPU- rx 480
ram- 16 gigs at 1866mhz
storage- a ssd and a few hdds
os- KDE based distro or windows 7, 10

Laptop
brand- lenovo T420
CPU- I5-2520m
GPU- intel hd 3000
ram- 8 gigs at 1333mhz
storage- 500gig hdd
os- see desktop
ShinyElGhosteo

Post by ShinyElGhosteo » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:37 pm

Numbers wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:20 am
Zorin OS is one of more bloaty distros of Linux I've came across through my journey with linux. ( All my Opinion) I feel it's just not really a good OS for anyone unless you have a Decently Speced Laptop or Desktop due to its nature of it. Its a good attempt at easy to use / windows like distro , just I think it falls sort in a lot of areas. Then again all my opinion, and if anyone has any of Mac OS mode images of Zorin , I'd like to see them.
Is Zorin really that bad? I've seen it but haven't used it.
This is my signature.