Remix OS/Any other Android x86 Projects

Discuss iOS, Android, Windows Phone, and any other mobile operating system.
Meow2004

Remix OS/Any other Android x86 Projects

Post by Meow2004 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:51 pm

This is for to talk about Remix OS/Some other Android x86 Projects
Thanks, from Meow2004

lexluthermiester

Re: Remix OS/Any other Android x86 Projects

Post by lexluthermiester » Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:45 am

This thread is lacking any real info about Android X86. So let's give it a start!

The main project site for Android X86 is Android-x86.org .
Here you can find all of the versions that have been made.
Versions before 4.4.4R1 were either specifically aimed at certain models of devices or generally aimed at a line of devices, like the ASUS EEEPC Netbook series.
From 4.4.4R1 forward, the project focused on dynamic detection of hardware platforms as a general use OS.
By 4.4.4R5 hardware support was very extensive and it could be run on a great many systems, netbooks, notebooks and desktops alike.
This has only improved and with recent releases, the OS will run on almost anything that will also run Linux.
The latest stable releases, 8.1R3 and CM14.1R3 are rock solid and make Android feel like a great OS replacement to Windows 10, which I have done on one of my daily use Dell notebooks.

9.0RC2 is out and is looking good, however the "RC"(for those who may not know) stands for "Release Candidate", denoting that it is in the final stages of the beta-testing process. Fun to look at and explore, but not recommended for daily use.

Whether you are just curious, would like to use Android more or want to breath life back into an older system, it's very much worth a look!
SigmaTel71

Re: Remix OS/Any other Android x86 Projects

Post by SigmaTel71 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:44 am

I know that RemixOS is dead as door-nail. It was closed due to the lack of popularity and obvious fail of the device they tried to sell.
I don't exist! I'm your imagination!